The Embodied Neurobiology program is comprehensive in scope to prepare you to deeply understand the body, nonverbal communication, and how to engage movement as a therapeutic resource for your clients. Highly experiential in nature, each course is informed by a strong theoretical foundation. The learning process cultivates all of your intelligences and invites a rich cross-fertilization of perspectives.
This dynamic and potent program created by seasoned and inspired DMT leaders,
Kalila Homann and Amber Elizabeth Gray is for social workers, counselors, psychologists, allied health professionals, educators, and experienced DMTs.
- Dive into rich and comprehensive theory integrating recent developments in interpersonal and socially conscious neurobiology
- Learn cutting edge interventions and approaches that are multiculturally aware and trauma informed
- Receive highly individualized training within a strong ongoing cohort
- Explore immersive learning through creative and contemplative approaches with deeply experienced leaders in the field
- Enroll in full sequence (27 credits) of alternate route courses or individual specialized courses
The program includes all the courses that are required for Alternate Route certification in Dance/Movement Therapy through the American Dance Therapy Association.
- CEU credit is provided for most courses.
- Courses may be taken sequentially, or individually.
- Rates are affordable and reduced for students enrolled in the whole program.
- More information about specific courses can be found here.
- 2020 anticipated schedule is here.
Embodied Neurobiology courses integrate:
*Dance/Movement Therapy *Authentic Movement *Expressive Arts Therapy
*Somatic Education *Movement Analysis *Affective Neuroscience
*Trauma-informed Approaches *Dynamic Play Therapy *Group Psychotherapy
You can visit the official Embodied Neurobiology site here.